Bite into the most heavenly eggless cake ever! With just 6 ingredients, anyone can have a go at it.
We baked this live on our instagram feed and it turned out to extremely light, moist and full of flavour. We add our own touch but you can add in any flavour or toppings you like. Best of all, the recipe does not contain any egg, butter or milk – Perfect for Vegans.
1 Cup Thick Yogurt (Vegan – Coconut Yogurt)
1 Cup Sugar (White, Brown, Coconut Blossom)
1¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Cup Flavorless Oil
1½ Cup Flour (Can replace partially with alternative flours like Quinoa)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract/Vanilla Bean Paste – Classic Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Matcha Powder – Matcha
Zest of 2 oranges/ 2 lemons – Citrus
Add 2 Tablespoon Cocoa To One Half Of The Batter And Add To Pan Alternatively. Divided Into Two – Marble
1 Chopped Apple + 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder – Apple cinnamon
For the cake:
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC/360ºF.
2) Prepare your choice of pan by lightly greasing it with oil, and then dusting it with flour.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt and sugar, until the sugar has dissolved.
4) Add the baking powder, baking soda, and whisk again. Let this sit untouched for 2-3 minutes.
For the flavoring:
1) Meanwhile, choose your flavoring and add that in.
2) Finally, add the oil and flour and whisk for about a minute.
3) Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
5) Let this cool in the pan completely before turning out on to a rack.
– Put a baking sheet at the bottom of your pan for flawless bottom.
– Be really quick and don’t over whisk your cake.
– Don’t use dates, milkmaid, honey etc instead of sugar.
– Sieve alternate flours to make sure it’s fine.
– If you’re making a recipe of any dessert with egg there’s no standard way to substitute so always check with us!
Share this recipe!