Cacio e Pepe is the simplest Italian dish which you can ever make and is extremely delicious. The ingredients used in the making are simple and present in your kitchen cabinet at all times. It is the perfect recipe for a pasta night!
150 gm Pasta (Tagliolini)
Pinch Of Salt
50 gm Pecorino Cheese
3 gm Black Pepper
For The Pasta:
1) Fill a large pot with water and bring it to boil.
2) Then add a pinch of salt.
3) Drop your pasta in the boiling water.
For The Sauce:
1) Take some whole grains of black pepper, crush them with a chef knife on a chopping board and toast them in a hot pan.
2) Keep the pepper in the pan for a minute or so and then sift it, keeping the finest parts for your Cacio e Pepe.
3) In a small bowl, use a whisk to mix grated pecorino and some pasta water from the pot.
4) A minute before pasta’s cooking time, add some pasta water to the pepper’s pan and drain the Tagliolini in the same pan to finish cooking it, adding water if needed.
5) Finally, turn off the heat and finish dressing you Tagliolini with the creamy mix of cheese and water, obtaining a creamy Cacio e Pepe.
Share this recipe!