If you love to bake, this Yogurt Cheesecake recipe from is just for you! Using ingredients you will most likely find around the house, it is served with a thick caramel sauce that makes the whole experience even better. It is also a healthier version and has far fewer calories than your typical supermarket cheesecake. Enjoy!
150 gm Digestive Biscuit/Oreo Crumbs
60 gm melted, unsalted butter
300 gm Thick Hung Yogurt
250 gm Condensed Milk
2 1/2 Tbs Cornstarch
A Dash Of Vanilla Extract/Saffron
For the crust:
1) In a bowl, stir together the biscuit crumbs and butter until it gets a texture like wet soil.
2) Press onto the bottom of a greased 6-inch spring-form pan/cake ring/a deep glass dish.
3) Freeze for 5 minutes.
For the filling:
1) In a large bowl, add the thick Hung yogurt, condensed milk, cornstarch and vanilla extract/saffron.
2) Whisk it until it becomes uniform.
3) Preheat oven at 180ºC.
4) Pour over the crust and bake at 180ºC for 20 mins, or until fully set around the edges and slightly jiggly in the center.
5) Let it cool at room temperature for an hour.
6) Chill in the fridge overnight.
7) Once chilled completely, decorate and serve!
– Measure the hung yogurt after the water has drained for at least 12 hours.
– Serve with caramel sauce to enhance the taste.
Share this recipe!